A Message from The Yarmouth Town Libraries
The Yarmouth Town Libraries
are closed until further notice.
We want to ensure that all of our staff and patrons remain healthy and apologize for any inconvenience. We offer these answers for many commonly asked questions.
- All scheduled programs are canceled until further notice.
- Most libraries on the Cape and around the state are now closed. Some are offering limited services, but this may not be the case for long. If you plan to visit another library, please call ahead.
- Those of you who have reserved materials waiting for you at the library will be able to pick them up as soon as we re-open. We will hold them for you until that time.
- There will be no delivery of materials between libraries until further notice. Therefore, if you reserved materials and are waiting for them to arrive, you don't need to worry that they will arrive while we are closed. Delivery will resume as soon as our vendors feel it is safe to do so.
- The Commonwealth Catalog (ComCat) will not be accepting reserves or filling holds until further notice.
- Please don't feel that you must return your books right away. No fines will accrue during our closure.
While we cannot circulate physical materials there are other
resources you can use in the meantime.
- Hoopla: Download or stream free movies,TV shows, books, audiobooks, and more, including kid-friendly graphic novels, cartoons, and picture books.
- You can order downloadable ebooks and audiobooks through the CLAMS Overdrive module.
- Access free databases from the state at http://libraries.state.ma.us.
- Go to www.yarmouth.ma.us/899/eBranch for links to more electronic resources.
- Explore The Register and Barnstable Patriot archives back to 1836.
- You can select from over 60,000 free ebooks on the Project Gutenberg website.
- Our free wifi service can be accessed outside the buildings.
For more information go to www.yarmouthlibraries.org.