The Yarmouth Town Libraries will pause in-person library visits and provide contactless curbside pick up, effective December 4.
Here’s what you need to know.
LIBRARY HOURS for CURBSIDE PICK UP will be 6 hours per day in both locations:
South Yarmouth Library and West Yarmouth Library
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Thursday: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Sunday: CLOSED.
What we’re asking you to do: The well-being of our community and staff is our top priority.
• Please do not visit if you or someone you live with has or recently has had a fever, cough, or if you or someone you live with is unwell, or has been tested for a virus or are awaiting the results.
• Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth at all times while picking up your items. • Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others.
What we’re doing: • Limiting hours of operation to minimize staff exposure; • Staff maintains 6 feet of distance between each other and public; • Staff wears face coverings while handling materials, quarantining items for 24-48 hours; • Washing our hands often and following cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
RETURNING ITEMS AND DUE DATES • Please return items ONLY in the book drop outside each building. • We waive any overdue fines incurred during the quarantine period.
Book Bundles from the Children’s and Young Adult collections are available by request. Contact the Children’s Room at 508-760-4820, X 1316, to request, based on your favorite authors or series you enjoy. We’ll call you to schedule a pickup.
You may request magazines; print newspapers are not available.
Printing, faxing and photocopying are available by contacting the Library by phone or email.
Free WiFi access is available outside each building 24/7.
Home delivery is available for those unable to get to the Library.
SUSPENDED SERVICES • We are pausing in-person Library visits for the foreseeable future.
• Public computers are not accessible at this time per order of the Board of Health.
• Meeting room is closed and is not available for use.
• We cannot accept donations of books or magazines.
Helpful suggestions during this phase: • Place your hold requests online at https://encore.clamsnet.org or by phone. • Need help deciding what you want? Call for suggestions. South Yarmouth Library: 508-760-4820; West Yarmouth Library: 508-775-5206
Have a reference question? Click here to Ask a Librarian! These questions will be answered even if the buildings are closed to the public.