**COVID-19 Town Closure Finance Procedure**
The Finance Department has created an online dashboard that contains guidance and options on how to submit tax and utility bill payments as well as how to order and pay for stickers, licenses, and more during the ongoing town hall closure.
Please visit our Yarmouth Finance Online Dashboard to learn more about your options.
The Department of Finance consists of the offices of Director of Finance, Accounting, Assessor, Clerk and Collector/Treasurer. The department is responsible for complying with a myriad of municipal finance laws and regulations as well as meeting the financial reporting requirements of the federal and state governments. These financial controls are essential in order to properly safeguard taxpayer dollars. Services provided, but not limited to financial status reports, cash management, debt management, investments, property valuation assessments, property tax and utility billing, collection activities, audit review, internal financial controls, payroll, elections, beach and disposal stickers, dog and shellfish licenses and a number of other licenses and activities.
- Finance Department doing more with less - Staff Reductions since 2008
- First in the State to set tax rate three years in a row -- Reasons this is important
- Massachusetts Dept. of Revenue 2011 Financial Management Review for Yarmouth
- Mass DOR 2011 FMR Recommendations Status
- Mass DOR 2011 FMR Recommendations Detail from Cape Cod Times 3/9/2016 Article on Tax Collections
- Standard & Poors 2014 Rating - Dramatic Two Notch Increase
- Workload: Personal Property Parcels Assessed, Billed & Collected -Yarmouth 4th most in the State out of 351 municipalities - reason, no personal property exemption
- Workload: Total Parcels Assessed, Billed & Collected - Yarmouth 14th most in the State out of 351 municipalities
- Workload: Motor Vehicles Billed and Collected - Yarmouth 63rd most in the State
- Town of Yarmouth Financial Management Policies Adopted 12/01/2015
- OPEB Retiree Health Insurance Liability $19 Million as of 6/30/2021 -- lower based on funding plan
- OPEB Retiree Health Insurance Liability $22 Million as of 6/30/2019 -- lower based on the funding plan
- OPEB Retiree Health Insurance Liability $28 Million as of 6/30/2014 -- see Financial Management policies, the Town has a funding plan
Audited Financial Statements:
- Fiscal Year 2022
- Fiscal Year 2021
- Fiscal Year 2020
- Fiscal Year 2019
- Fiscal Year 2018
- Fiscal Year 2017
- Fiscal Year 2016
Override Calculator - Calculate the Impacts of an override for the Town, Yarmouth is the very last Town in the List you will see in the next screen.
1146 Route 28
South Yarmouth, MA 02664
Phone: : 508-398-2231 ext. 1281
Phone: : 508-398-2231 Ext. 1299
Phone: : 508-398-2231 Ext. 1222
Phone: : 508-398-2231 Ext. 1233
Phone: : 508-398-2231 Ext. 1216