What is it?
The purpose of the Solarize Plus Yarmouth program is to educate residents on issues related to sustainable energy practices and to provide cost saving opportunities for systems installed in 2021 from approved, pre-selected installers. The Plus part of the name refers to a heating and cooling option through installation of mini-splits or more formally, Air Source Heat Pumps.
Who is the team?
The Solarize Plus Yarmouth program is led by a volunteer team composed of Yarmouth residents.
- Mike Duffy, Solar Coach – has led the effort and keeps us on track.
- Joyce Flynn – Chair of the Yarmouth Energy Committee.
- Barry Margolin – Town of Yarmouth Energy Committee member, Chair of the Program and Policy Committee of the Cape Cod Climate Change Collaborative.
- Sandra Cashen – Facilities Manager of DY schools, provides liaison to Town.
- Bob Palmeri – liaison to Senior Center, also concerned with low-income residents.
- Chris Hammond – Yarmouth resident interested in renewables; has technical experience.
- Sheila Place – Environmental activist, interested in condominium access to renewables.
- Jim Wolf – (No relation to Solar Wolf) Sustainability Director at Cape Air, Cape Cod Climate Change Collaborative Board member, experienced with Solar PV, interested in accelerating PV installations on buildings and parking lots on Cape Cod.
How did we get here?
The volunteer team has been guided since January 2020 by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center and their engineering and technical partner The Cadmus Group. After issuing an RFP to renewable energy installers from Cape Cod and from Eastern Massachusetts and receiving several proposals, we recently interviewed and chose to partner with two installer companies, one for photovoltaic systems (PV) and one for Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP) or mini-splits. We introduced the selected installers via Zoom to Yarmouth residents on Earth Day, April 22. You can view the recorded session of Meet the Installers here.
We are proud to introduce the selected installers:
Cape Cod Five is offering a 3.25%, no fee, no closing cost, 15-year loan for solar installations made during the Solarize Plus Yarmouth program. Learn more here. Financing for installations of mini-splits through a Mass Save Heat Loan (up to $25,000 interest free) requires a Mass Save audit. Learn more here.