The Yarmouth Town Libraries are now
open to the public on a limited basis.
Here’s what you need to know.
LIBRARY HOURS will be 5 hours per day in both locations:
SY Library and WY Library
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Thursday: 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Sunday: CLOSED
What we're asking you to do:
• Please do not visit if you have or recently had a fever, cough, or feel unwell, or if you have been tested for a virus and are awaiting the results.
• Wear a face covering that covers your nose and mouth at all times inside the library.
• Wash your hands often. Hand sanitizer is provided throughout the library.
• Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others.
• Please limit your time in the library to 15 minutes, to prevent crowding and to allow others to enter.
There are disposable masks for anyone without a face covering. People who refuse to follow these guidelines will be asked to leave the building, and library staff will retrieve items for pick up outside.
What we're doing:
• Limiting hours of operation, and the number of people in the building;
• One-way entrances and one-way exits;
• Occupancy of the Children’s Room at both locations limited to one family at a time and by appointment only;
• Staff maintains 6 feet of distance between each other and public;
• Staff has continually worn face coverings while handling materials, quarantining for 24-48 hours;
• Following cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
RETURNING ITEMS AND DUE DATES
• Please return items ONLY in the book drop outside each building.
• We quarantine returned items for 24 hours, per CDC guidelines,
before checking them in.
• We waive any overdue fines incurred during the quarantine period.
ACCESSING LIBRARY MATERIALS
The well-being of our community and staff is our top priority.
• Access to the Children’s Room is by appointment only; one person at a time in Teen Room; staff can assist you and can retrieve items for curbside pickup.
• You may check out magazines; newspapers will not be available.
. Public computers are not accessible at this time due to Board of Health order.
• Meeting room is closed and is not available for use.
• We cannot accept donations of books or magazines.
Helpful suggestions during this phase:
• Place your hold requests online or by phone.
• Need help deciding what you want? Call for suggestions.
SY Lib: 508-760-4820; WY Lib: 508-775-5206.