The Yarmouth Town Libraries are now
open to the public on a limited basis.
Here's what you need to know.
LIBRARY HOURS in both locations: SY Library and WY Library
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Thursday: 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Sunday: CLOSED
Curbside pick-up is still available by calling:
South Yarmouth Library: (508) 760-4820
West Yarmouth Library: (508) 775-5206
What we're doing:
• Limiting hours of operation and the number of people in the building;
• Occupancy of the Children’s Room at both locations limited to one family at a time and by appointment only;
• Staff maintains 6 feet of distance between each other and public;
• Staff has continually worn face coverings while handling materials, quarantining for 24-48 hours;
• Following cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
What we're asking you to do:
• Do not visit if you have or recently had a fever, cough, or feel unwell, or if you have been tested for a virus and are awaiting the results.
• Wear a face covering that covers your nose and your mouth at all times.
• Wash your hands often. Hand sanitizer is provided throughout the library.
• Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others.
• Please limit your time in the library to 15 minutes, to prevent crowding and to allow others to enter.
There are disposable masks for anyone without a face covering. People who refuse to follow these suggestions will be asked to leave the building, and library staff will retrieve items for pick-up outside.
• Meeting room is closed and is not available for use.
• We cannot accept donations of books or magazines.
Public computers are not available at this time.
RETURNING ITEMS AND DUE DATES
• Please return items ONLY in the book drop outside each building.
• We quarantine returned items for 24 hours, per CDC guidelines, before checking them in.
• We waive any overdue fines incurred during the quarantine period.
ACCESSING LIBRARY MATERIALS
The well-being of our community and staff is our top priority.
• Access to the Children’s Room is by appointment only; one person at a time in the Teen Room; staff can assist you and can retrieve items for curbside pick-up.
• You may check out magazines; printed newspapers are not available at this time.
Helpful suggestions during this phase:
• Place your hold requests online or by phone.
• Need help deciding what you want? Call for suggestions. SY Lib: 508-760-4820;
WY Lib: 508-775-5206
CURBSIDE PICK-UP IS STILL AVAILABLE
Curbside pickup is available by appointment only.
Staff members take all required precautions to ensure your materials are safe to pick up. We are wearing masks, and using bags that have been quarantined for the time period recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
You can place holds on library materials through the CLAMS catalog using your library card number and PIN. If you are unsure of your PIN, please contact us at 508-760-4820 for South Yarmouth Library and at 508-775-5206 for West Yarmouth Library for assistance.
Staff will call you to schedule a time for you to pick up your items. Any items not picked up will be removed and rescheduled.
If you are feeling unwell in any way, please do not come and pick up your items. Let us know and we will hold them until you are well.
All library users MUST wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of distance during pickup.
We will place your items on one of the benches near the Library entrance in a bag with your name on it. The items will have already been checked out to you.
We also offer limited front-step home delivery to residents. Please call us at 508-760-4820 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please request this only if circumstances make it difficult for you to pick up your materials yourself.
If you have a reference question, click here to Ask a Librarian! These questions will be answered even if the buildings are closed to the public.
Access to downloadable books, magazines, movies and more is available through the Libby app or https://clams.overdrive.com. Have your library card and PIN ready.
Watch for updates:
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at 508-760-4820
or 508-775-5206, or via email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.