OPEN SPACE & RECREATION PLAN—2023 UPDATE
Updated January 31, 2023
It’s time to update the 2015 Open Space & Recreation Plan (OSRP)! The OSRP outlines the specific actions the Town can take to manage, protect and improve Yarmouth’s natural resources and open space, and provide opportunities for active and passive recreation for Yarmouth’s residents and visitors.
The OSRP update is being done under the guidance of the 5-member OSRP Ad-Hoc Committee, along with Town Staff and our consultant Weston & Sampson Engineers. Public participation is critical to ensuring the updated plan reflects the needs and goals of our community. There are multiple ways you can participate and let your voice be heard:
- Take the 2023 OSRP Survey at: (Survey open through February 22nd)
- English: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HQ78KZL
- Spanish: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LQY83T3
- Portuguese: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LJ53K8N
Hard copies of the survey are also available at Town Hall, the Senior Center and Town Libraries.
- Public Meeting Open House #1 - February 8, 2023 at 6 PM (Rain Date February 22nd): The meeting will begin at 6PM with a formal presentation and solicitation of questions and comments. Afterwards, in person attendees will have an opportunity to provide further input at a variety of information stations manned by staff and committee members.
- Town Hall Hearing Room, 1146 Route 28, South Yarmouth MA
- Zoom Link at: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83406829759
- Phone at: 301 715 8592 and entering webinar ID: 834 0682 9759.
To get an idea of the number of in-person attendees, we encourage you to RSVP to Town Planner Kathy Williams at email@example.com
- Public Meeting #2 – Date to Be Determined:
The OSRP will provide a wealth of information on our community and residents, environmental resources and challenges, open space and natural lands, recreational facilities and community goals and needs. This information along with public feedback, will be utilized to create the seven-year action plan which will identify specific tasks to be accomplished over time to meet our community’s open space and recreation goals.
Stay tuned to this webpage for information on the progress of the OSRP update. Or feel free to contact Town Planner Kathy Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.