Flood Certificates

Based upon the information provided by a home owner, we will view the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA’s) Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) to help determine the approximate flood zone within which a specific property lies.

This is not always possible due to the level of accuracy of the FIRMs.

The Town does not provide the Flood Certificates often required by home insurers for private properties.

Home owners must hire a professional land surveyor to obtain a Flood Certificate.

To view FEMA’s Flood Maps, click here.