Welcome to Yarmouth’s Town Meeting Page.
Here you’ll find everything you need to prepare and participate in Town Meeting!
2021 Yarmouth Special Town Meeting
Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 6:00PM - Postponed to November 2nd, 2021 at 6pm due to impending inclement weather.
Where: Mattacheese Middle School Auditorium: 400 Higgins Crowell Road West Yarmouth, MA
- 2021 Special Town Meeting Warrant
- 2021 STM Zoning Articles Explanations
- Zoning Articles - Board of Selectmen Presentation (9/17/21)
All 2021 Town of Yarmouth Special Town Meeting articles were approved by Yarmouth voters.
Yarmouth Town Meeting Social Distancing Protocols
We are looking forward to a safe, healthy and productive Yarmouth Town Meeting this year, despite the COVID-19 conditions. Please view the protocols listed on the tabs to ensure you are properly prepared.
- Seating will be arranged to permit attendees to sit at least 6 feet apart. Members of the same immediate household will be allowed to sit together and less than 6 feet apart.
- Residents will be asked to practice social distancing to the best of their abilities at the lines at microphones for questions or comments. Microphones will be disinfected after each speaker.
- There will be a mask advisory in effect for Town Meeting - masks will be recommended but not required.
- Extra masks will be available at the meeting for anyone who wishes to use one.
Cleaning and Disinfecting and Hygiene Protocols
- Meeting spaces will be cleaned and disinfected before and after Town Meeting, including disinfection of heavy transit areas and high-touch surfaces (e.g., doorknobs, bathrooms, microphones, shared instruments).
- Town meeting officials will ensure that officials and residents have access to handwashing facilities, including soap and running water, and hand sanitizer.
- If town meeting officials learn that an individual with COVID-19 attended a meeting or otherwise entered the building, the town will conduct a deep cleaning and disinfecting of any areas visited by the infected individual consistent with the Centers for Disease Control guidance. Town meeting officials will also work with the Board of Health to identify and contact meeting attendees to notify them of the positive case.
Past Town Meeting Resources
- 2021 Annual Town Meeting Results
- 2021 Annual Town Meeting Video Replay
- 2021 Annual Town Meeting Warrant
- 2021 Annual Town Meeting Warrant Article Video Explanations
NOTE: 2020 Special Town Meeting Results: Voters approved articles 1-6 while articles 7-15 were indefinitely postponed. Watch a Video Replay of the Annual Town Meeting Here
- 2020 Special Town Meeting Results
- 2020 November Special Town Meeting Warrant
- Guide to Town Meeting
- Citizens Guide to Town Meetings-Secretary of the Commonwealth of MA
Town Meeting Videos & Information
Watch our Introduction to Town Meeting video below as well as access more videos on Town Meeting and Warrant articles so you can be prepared to participate here on our YouTube Channel: 2020 Special Town Meeting Articles
2020 Annual Town Meeting Results
Articles 1-20 were approved at the 2020 Yarmouth Annual Town Meeting. Articles 21-23 were postponed until the fall Town Meeting.
Watch Town Meeting: 2020 Annual Town Meeting video replay
View Warrant: 2020 Annual Town Meeting Warrant
View Warrant Articles Handout: Handout Articles 1 & 2
An Important Message for all Massachusetts Town Residents
The purest form of democratic governing is practiced in a Town Meeting. In use for over 300 years and still today, it has proven to be a valuable means for many Massachusetts taxpayers to voice their opinions and directly effect change in their communities. Here in this ancient American assembly, you can make your voice heard as you and your neighbors decide the course of the government closest to you. This website outlines the forms and procedures used in Massachusetts Town Meetings. As the Commonwealth’s information officer, I urge you to read it and make use of it as you engage in the debates and votes that give shape to your Town Government.
William Francis Galvin Secretary of the Commonwealth