Welcome to the Human Resources Department!
Mission Statement: Through strategic partnerships, the Human Resources Department works with managers and their teams, individual employees, prospective applicants, and other members of the public to provide programs and services that creates a positive work environment, develops and sustains the well being of Town employees, and positions the Town of Yarmouth as an employer of choice
The Human Resources Department provides programs and services to assist employees throughout all stages of their career. The department oversees a variety of functions including:
- Recruitment - attracting, retaining, and developing talent to meet the needs of the Town of Yarmouth
- Benefits - health and wellness programs, leave management & FMLA, and workers compensation administration.
- Developing and administering training and professional development programs.
- Labor relations and support for contract negotiations.
- Employee relations and employee engagement.
- Organizational Development
- Personnel policy development.
- Ensuring compliance to employment laws.
The Town of Yarmouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.