- Fire Department
- Station 2 Meeting Room
Station 2 Meeting Room 340 Rt. 6A, Yarmouth Port
Station Two Meeting Room at the Yarmouth Port Fire Station is for use primarily for programs conducted or sponsored by the Yarmouth Fire Department, and secondarily, for programs of established and recognized institutions, groups, individuals and associations with educational, cultural, or civic purposes. For Profit use is prohibited. The fact that a group is permitted to use the room does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by the Fire Department. All meetings must be open to the public.
Programs that are planned by the Fire Department take precedence over meetings of outside groups. The Fire Department reserves the right to pre-empt the use of meeting space if needed. Proper notice will be given as soon as possible if this should happen.
As long as events do not conflict with one another, there is no objection to regular meetings of the same group; however, in fairness to the numerous groups of the community, reservations will only be scheduled for one calendar year at a time.
Please submit the Reservation Form to Jocelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notify us of cancellations so that the room may be made available to another group.
General Rules of Use
1. Political meetings are acceptable for the discussion of issues but not for campaign purposes, party caucuses, or meetings closed to the public.
2. Except as a designation of location, the name of the Yarmouth Fire Department may not be used in any publicity relating to use of the Meeting Room.
3. Individuals or groups using the Meeting Room shall secure any necessary performance licenses and indemnify the Fire Department for any failure on their part to do so.
4. Attendance at authorized meetings may not exceed the maximum room capacity.
5. No cooking may be done or food served without approval. No alcohol may be served at any time. No smoking is permitted. Burning of any materials, including incense and candles, is prohibited.
6. There is no charge for use of the Meeting Room, however, the Fire Chief reserves the right to require a security deposit from any organization requesting its use.
7. The Meeting Room must be left in acceptable, un-littered condition. Tables and chairs should be returned to the positions in which they were found.
8. Only limited handicap parking is allowed in the front parking lot in the marked handicap parking spaces, all others MUST park in the rear lot.
9. Fire Department will not provide storage space and assumes no responsibility for equipment or personal articles belonging to applicants or their guests.
10. The individual making out the reservation form accepts liability for either damage to the Fire Department facilities or loss of Fire Department property and shall be responsible for paying the cost of any damage or loss incurred by the Fire Department by the actions of any member of the organization or group. The Fire Department is the sole determinant of whether damaged furnishings or equipment can be repaired or must be replaced. The individual, organization or group will not be permitted to reserve the Meeting Room again until the costs of repairs or replacement of damaged items have been paid.
11. The Fire Department assumes no responsibility or liability for accidents or injury.
12. If Town Buildings are closed due to adverse weather then the Meeting Room will be closed.
13. Fire Department personnel have free access to the Meeting Room at all times. The Fire Department retains the right to monitor all meetings conducted on the premises to ensure compliance with the above regulations. Infringement of any of the regulations here stated shall be grounds for denial of future use of meeting space.